Review: DaVinci Alpha Mini Rocking Crib
So if you read my space saving post on cribs, then you already know I’m a proponent of the mini crib:
Saves space and money, and as a first-time mom, that’s all we ever really need more of.
Well that and sleep... lots and lots of sleep!
Even though we know we wanted a mini crib, we had no clue which to choose. We decided on the DaVinci Alpha for one main reason — it rocks (literally and figuratively).
- Small — duh! Measuring 38.75 x 26 x 35.25″ this was perfect for us and our space.
- Affordable — although we received it as a gift, this crib retailed for under $150. We also received a 5″ coil mattress and mattress cover, and all 3 items still totaled under $200!
- Easy to Assemble — quick and easy and painless. Or at least that’s what my husband said because I had no parts in the assembly. #sorrynotsorry.
- Functional — this really should’ve been my #1 pro but instead I saved the best for last. The Alpha features wheels for mobility, but pop the wheels off and BAM — it rocks, making it so easy to soothe a fussy baby back to sleep when you’re half asleep yourself.
- Availability — this crib was not the easiest to find in store or online; we actually couldn’t find it in store at all, so when we chose the Alpha it was strictly based on online descriptions and reviews. Thank you Amazon!
- Bedding — now this is really a con with any mini crib, not just the Alpha. Bedding for mini cribs are not sold in most stores & really hard to find online. The upside is pack & play bedding fits a mini crib, so that gives you a bit more in terms of options.
- Not Convertible — so this is the only mini crib from the DaVinci family that isn’t convertible. Why? Because of the wheels & rocking feature. Sigh. You win some, you lose some.